Postgres V9.0.3 and Avahi Zeroconfig

From: "Day, David" <dday(at)redcom(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres V9.0.3 and Avahi Zeroconfig
Date: 2011-06-13 20:43:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I took a patch that was available under 8.0.4 for Avahi zeroconfig and adpted it to 9.0.3.
Though publication of the service type _postgresql._tcp is successful. When I shutdown the
Postgres server the advertised service is not removed from mDNS and is visible though not resolvable for a very long period of time ( hour ? )

Based on stepping through the modified code I do hit the avahi interface calls to clean-up.
e.g. avahi_client_free, avahi_threaded_poll_stop, avahi_threaded_poll_free

Anyone with experience using the avahi publication patch in 8.0.4 or above with a similar observation on stopping the server not correctly un-publishing the postgres service.

e.g

avahi-browse -vrt _postgres._tcp # finds service still visible.

Thanks

Dave