Compile postgre 7.1 on Redhat 9?

From: fr1632(at)digital(dot)net
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compile postgre 7.1 on Redhat 9?
Date: 2004-01-12 03:44:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi. I just upgraded an older machine I have that I don't use often to
redhat 9. I however, in my infinite wisdom, forgot to dumpall the
postgres db. I now find myself wanting to get some data out of the
old 7.1 database. The original data directory is still intact, so I
tried downloading the 7.1.3 source and compiling it on redhat 9 but I
got errors early on. Is it possible to compile 7.1.3 with redhat 9?
Thanks in advance.

Frankie