Re: Make check fails on 8.3.7

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christine Desmuke <cdesmuke(at)kshs(dot)org>
Cc: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make check fails on 8.3.7
Date: 2009-08-08 00:35:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I wrote:
> (I seem to recall seeing a similar report once before, but I can't find
> it in the archives right now.)

I found what I think is the bug I was remembering:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-05/msg00074.php
but unfortunately it's not much help since we never did resolve
what was happening.

Can you reproduce the problem in a debug-enabled build? It would
be worth stepping through the code to see where it's losing track
of the error message.