pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)

From: Célestin Matte <celestin(dot)matte(at)cmatte(dot)me>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)
Date: 2021-09-18 09:53:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello,

I'm still in the process of writing an install script for pglister. I'm at the point where auth is working and I'm testing lists.

In the interface (in /admin/lists/list/1/change/), I cannot create a list because the "Moderators" field is always empty, and django won't let me create a list without moderators.
As a workaround, I removed the necessity to have a moderator to test if I can add subscribers after list creation, but I still cannot add any after list creation. See migration attached (I added both patch and migration, I'm not sure how you're supposed to properly edit django apps)
I'm a bit confused because django has "staff" and "superuser", but none of that is the same as moderators, and I can't seem to find the way to promote a user into one.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
--
Célestin Matte

Attachment Content-Type Size
0055_auto_20210918_0947.py text/x-python 444 bytes
allow_empty_moderators.patch text/x-patch 748 bytes