Retrieving interval types with JDBC and Postgres

From: pvh(at)wfeet(dot)za(dot)net (Peter van Heusden)
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Retrieving interval types with JDBC and Postgres
Date: 2003-08-21 10:37:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi

I am a JDBC novice, so maybe I am missing something here: I am trying to
retrieve values from a column of type 'interval'. If I look into
ResultSetMetaData, it says that the column type is 1111, or in other words,
OTHER.

Thus, it looks like I have to use ResultSet.getObject(), with a correctly set
up Object. The documentation seems to be rather space on this - can
someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Peter