Re: COPY: row is too big

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: vod vos <vodvos(at)zoho(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY: row is too big
Date: 2017-01-02 14:48:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/02/2017 03:11 AM, vod vos wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My postgresql is 9.61.
>
> When I copy data from csv file, a very long values for many columns
> (about 1100 columns). The errors appears:

My guess is you are tripping this:

https://www.postgresql.org/about/
Maximum Columns per Table 250 - 1600 depending on column types

So what are you storing in table rius and can you give a general idea of
its schema? Not all 1100 columns just a sampling of the data types involved.

Also what is the COPY command you are using?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com