Re: XX000: tuple concurrently deleted during DROP STATISTICS

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XX000: tuple concurrently deleted during DROP STATISTICS
Date: 2023-11-19 20:12:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've pushed a cleaned up version of the fix.

I had to make some adjustments in the backbranches, because the way we
store the analyzed statistics evolved, and RemoveStatisticsById() used
to do everything. I ended up introducing RemoveStatisticsDataById() in
the backbranches too, but only as a static function - that makes the
code much cleaner.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra