Change Storage Dir

From: "Silvera, Ignacio" <ignacio(dot)silvera(at)atos(dot)net>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Change Storage Dir
Date: 2017-10-09 14:10:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi! How are you guys?

I'm internalizing on pgAdmin4 installed by python wheels on Ubuntu and
making some customization on it.

We run it in Server Mode and, we had created one email user to each DBA
and one user for all the operators. For example, Jhon Snow got the email
jhon(dot)snow(at)pgadmin(dot)com and he is a DBA. Maria Snow is Operator and his
username to login to pgadmin is operators(at)pgadmin(dot)com(dot) All DBAs and
Operatos had their own user on the Server, so they can login.

Basically we need to setup a new storage directory, only to save
backups. I was investigating and the storage directory is under Data
directory, but in our case, it is not an option, because the data dir is
under root directory.

Is it possible to set, a different directory to storage backups shared
to all system users? For example DATA_DIR should be still under root,
but the backups, must be saved under /home/backups/.

Is it possible? Also for a future improvements, we want to separate
operator's backup of DBAs' backups. Ex: operators' backups:
/home/backups/operators/ dbas' backups: /home/backups/dba/

If something is not clear, please let me know. I'm able to modify python
code.

Thanks

Regards

--

blue_strip

*Ignacio Silvera*

B&PS (Business & Platform Solutions) – Atos Uruguay

Tel: +598 24871169, int 102

ignacio(dot)silvera(at)atos(dot)net

Luis A. de Herrera 2802

Montevideo, Uruguay

Atos.net

atos_logotype

e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As
its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group
sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender
does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be
liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.