Re:Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()

From: ocean_li_996 <ocean_li_996(at)163(dot)com>
To: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "feichanghong(at)qq(dot)com" <feichanghong(at)qq(dot)com>, "'Alexander Lakhin'" <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re:Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()
Date: 2024-03-14 00:49:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Hayato,

To ensure we are on the same page, I think we need to clarify a few things.
In this thread, we have actually encountered three distinct issues. Chronologically,

Issue #1 is presented in [1], which has been figured out and provided an appropriate fix patch in [5].

Issue #2 is presented in [2], which has been figured out. But we have not yet provided a fix patch.

Issue #3 is presented in [3], which was initially thought to be the same as issue #2. However,
you have found that it might be related to the issue discussed in [4].

If my understanding is correct, I think that multiple issues should be resolved independently.
In this thread, we should resolve issue #1 using the patch provided in [5]. If we want to prevent
the newly added spec test triggering other issues (such as issue #3), revert the spec test to
the test cases provided in [6] may be a good choice.

The issue #2 can be discussed in a new thread. The issue #3 can be discussed in [4] thread.
Thought?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18369-ad61699bf91c5bc0@postgresql.org
[2] https://postgresql.org/message-id/TYCPR01MB12077573479C5A2471BDE8065F5232@TYCPR01MB12077.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYCPR01MB1207717063D701F597EF98A0CF5272@TYCPR01MB12077.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com