Re: log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement
Date: 2023-09-26 18:39:17
Lists: pgsql-general

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

"

|log_min_duration_statement| (|integer|)

Causes the duration of each completed statement to be logged if the
statement ran for at least the specified amount of time.

    <...>

Note

When using this option together with log_statement
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-STATEMENT>,
the text of statements that are logged because of |log_statement| will
not be repeated in the duration log message. If you are not using
syslog, it is recommended that you log the PID or session ID using
log_line_prefix
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-LINE-PREFIX>
so that you can link the statement message to the later duration message
using the process ID or session ID.

"