Re: Cleaning up the books page

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up the books page
Date: 2023-07-19 13:24:36
Lists: pgsql-www

On 7/19/23 6:04 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> -1 for 0003 (strong opinion, strongly held).
>
> What is the usecase you see for providing an incomplete list, with seemingly
> arbitrary chosen entries (they are not handpicked/curated for being prime
> examples) of resources for EOL versions?

We don't handpick or curate any of the published books so long as
they're relevant to PostgreSQL, so I don't understand the point.

But in general, the list is part of the record of published books. We
don't remove downloads of EOL versions of PostgreSQL. Even if a book
references an older version of PostgreSQL, it could still have useful
information that's applicable to today. There are also books we list
that deal more with strategy, which is version agnostic.

Jonathan