Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF

From: Marcos Truchado <mtruchado(at)telefonica(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF
Date: 2004-01-04 13:12:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Joseph Shraibman wrote:

> After upgrading to 7.4.1, I keep getting this error:
>
> ERROR: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
>
> ... when I do:
>
> db = DriverManager.getConnection(url, usr, pwd);
> db.setAutoCommit(false);
>
> isn't this supposed to be fixed in the 7.4.1 driver?

So what is the correct way to do:

Connection conn = null; //I must init conn to some value, if not the
compiler told me that conn could be not initialiced

try {
conn = getConnection();
conn.setAutoCommit(false);
Statement stat = conn.createStatement();

stat.executeUpdate(command1);
stat.executeUpdate(command2);

conn.commit();
} catch(SQLException e) {