Re: bytea, index and like operator again and detailed report

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Alvar Freude <alvar(at)a-blast(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bytea, index and like operator again and detailed report
Date: 2003-12-04 22:36:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Alvar Freude wrote:
> I'm sorry, but after reading the desciption of "bugs" again I realised that
> according to the list desciption "bugs" is the wrong one und "hackers" the
> right; so, after debugging my code two days I'm now sure that there is
> something wrong with Postgres. Normally such Problems are in my Application
> ;-)

Actually "bugs" is the best place to post bug reports if you think they
might be in Postgres and not your app.

> If there is no answer like "Ah, it really seems that there is a bug, thanks
> for the pointer, I'll look for it" I every time guess that the issue
> depends on a mistake by myself or it is forgotten ... ;-)

OK -- I guess I could have been more clear myself. Anyway I've been
working on this on-and-off for a day now. I understand the root cause,
but am still trying to figure out what the "right" solution is. It may
take another day or so due to other things I have going on (like my job
;-)).

Joe