snort, acid and postgres

From: Jeremy Hefner <jeremy(at)meer(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: snort, acid and postgres
Date: 2003-11-17 20:14:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok, so here is my problem. I am running snort with ACID as the query
interface and FreeBSD with Postgresql 7.2 as the back end database
system. The problem I am encountering is that it takes forever for acid
to query the database and delete alerts. Also, there is no way to have
more than one person query the database without having it crawl. Is
there anyone out there that has experience tweaking postgres so that it
performs faster in this setup? The database is out of the box with no
tweaks to it.

thanks,

Jeremy