Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.

From: "skennedy" <skennedy(at)tissat(dot)es>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Creating users in a second postgres server.
Date: 2003-11-05 15:35:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks Tom,

PGPORT was unset in the environment.
I set it to 5433 and things started to work.

If I configured the server to user 5433 before building (using
--with-pg_port=5433 in configure) shouldn't the clients, etc
automatically look for port 5433?

The executables ARE the ones I compiled using 5433, (according to
"which" anyway) :)

Everything seems to work now anyway but it would be interesting/useful
to know what I did wrong. Is there a trace/log
of some sort which might hold the answer?

Stephen Kennedy.