Re: Cannot Delete

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
To: Alex <alex(at)meerkatsoft(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot Delete
Date: 2003-10-13 06:21:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Alex wrote:

> I still have this problem...
> my table currently only has 60k records. it has two foreign keys . one
> to a table with
> 15 records the other to a table with 250 records both with a primary
> key as suggested.
> the table itself is referenced by another table.
>
> although I have about 10mio records in other tables , this one is
> rather small... still i manage to delete 2-3 records / second.
> I tried vacuum, the db and tables and did not gain any performance.
>
> I experience this problem on different machines and yet, when i reload
> the date it did speed up things considerably.
>
> Any suggestions what could be wrong? Maybe a configuration issue ?

HOW is this table referenced in another table?
By both of the foreign keys,
a separate integer substitute key in this table?

BTW, what kind of keys are you using, string, integer, float,what?

Please (re)post the table defintions to the 4 tables.

--
"You are behaving like a man",
is an insult from some women,