Re: Updates with NULL

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updates with NULL
Date: 2003-09-15 15:29:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On 15 Sep 2003 at 11:17, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in> writes:
> > Following seems to be the valid syntax in oracle.
>
> > Update foo set somefield=NULL where somefield >9;
>
> AFAIK that's valid syntax in Postgres and the SQL standard, too.

I got confused between equality operator and assignment operator. Equalling
NULL is wrong, assigning it is not.

I should have had more rest after my fever..:-(

Bye
Shridhar

--
Fifth Law of Procrastination: Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has the
feeling that there is nothing important to do.