Re: ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist
Date: 2003-09-03 09:59:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3 Sep 2003 at 11:44, Amin Schoeib wrote:
> When I Try to write Functions I always become the error
> That the language plpgsql doesn't exist.
> I tried it this way:
> createlang plpgsql template1
> createlang -l template1
> Procedural languages
> Name | Trusted?
> ---------+----------
> plpgsql | t
> (1 row)
> I also restart the database but no effect.
> What am I doing wrong??
> Sorry but I'm a Postgres newbie. I worked until yet with Oracle and now we want
> to change

You need to create the language pl/pgsql so that you can create a function in
that language.

Check documentation for create lnaguage syntax or man page of createlang
command. Most probably all you need is a 'createlang plpgsql' from shell prompt
but I am probably bit rusty on details..

Bye
Shridhar

--
Suffocating together ... would create heroic camaraderie. -- Khan Noonian
Singh, "Space Seed", stardate 3142.8