Re: how to call a TCL function from within a plpgsql trigger?

From: Ian Harding <iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: Josué Maldonado <josue(at)lamundial(dot)hn>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to call a TCL function from within a plpgsql trigger?
Date: 2003-09-03 08:10:14
Lists: pgsql-general

A tcl function is just like any other, you can call it from within a
plpgsql trigger function in the same way you would call a built-in, or
any other function. Having said that, I am not sure what the exact
plpgsql options are besides "SELECT myfunction(' 'foo' ', ' 'bar' ')
...." and don't know syntax for storing the returned value in a
variable. I'm a one-trick pony.