Re: [Newbie] migrating a stored procedure from MSSQL to postgresql

From: "Richard Hall" <rhall(at)micropat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Newbie] migrating a stored procedure from MSSQL to postgresql
Date: 2003-08-20 22:28:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

As declared, your function returns TEXT, i.e. unlimited characters.
>> CREATE FUNCTION UpdateOrder(INTEGER) RETURNS TEXT AS

Since your variable
>> r_SKUPrice RECORD;
contains a number of columns
>> SELECT SKU, Price INTO r_SKUPrice
you could create a composite TYPE that matches those columns

and
since your variable can contain a number of such rows, (see the select
above)
the function needs to become a set returning function

CREATE FUNCTION UpdateOrder(INTEGER) RETURNS SETOF <your_type_here> AS

Rick