Re: Setting/Accessing Internal data

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: gold_knight18(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting/Accessing Internal data
Date: 2003-08-07 04:27:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Roberto M. wrote:
> If I was to write a c program and wished to set and access an
> internal variable as a flag for my program so that I can read it
> in or set it? I have been researching for days now and I have
> come across nothing that helps only knowledge that it is
> possible.

It isn't clear to me exactly what you are trying to do. Can you give a
more concrete contrived example?

Also, take a look at the directories under contrib/ -- they are full of
good examples of how to write C language user defined functions.

And finally, look at the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=xfunc-c.html

HTH,

Joe