Re: pg_xlog question

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Mario Weilguni" <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_xlog question
Date: 2003-08-06 12:23:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6 Aug 2003 at 9:56, Mario Weilguni wrote:
> Thanks for the response, but syncing pg_xlog separatly (without DRBD device)
> is useless, because a failover will take place when there's an error, so the
> extra sync of pg_xlog is very likely to fail.

Well, I googled for DRBD device. I was unfamiliar with the device.

I would say it should work if data and transaction logs both of them are
mirrored. But of course you need to test.

If you could write a HOWTO, that would be real great..

Bye
Shridhar

--
"We have the right to survive!" "Not by killing others." -- Deela and Kirk,
"Wink of An Eye", stardate 5710.5