Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
Date: 2003-08-04 20:23:14
Lists: pgsql-general

> Do we need official permission to call the language plPHP by the way?
> That's the only part of the PHP license I'm wondering about.

From what I read:

Products derived from this software may not be called "PHP", nor
may "PHP" appear in their name, without prior written permission
from group(at)php(dot)net(dot) You may indicate that your software works in
conjunction with PHP by saying "Foo for PHP" instead of calling
it "PHP Foo" or "phpfoo"

No. We don't need to do that. We couldn't call it PHP Procedural
Language but Procedural Language for PHP (plPHP) is ok.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake