Re: java object store

From: Erik Price <eprice(at)ptc(dot)com>
To: dragos <mesaje(at)home(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: java object store
Date: 2003-08-04 14:02:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

dragos wrote:

> i am a new user of postgres system. I am trying to store a java object
> into a postgresql table. I try but i didn;t succeed!
>
> my question is:
> Can I store a java object into a postgres table an execute query
> relative to it's methods in the database?

You can serialize the object and then store the serialized form of the
object into a BLOB column. However, you will not be able to query the
database on methods. Perhaps you can investigate object/relational
mapping (JDO, OJB, Torque, Hibernate, etc).

> *Email has finally evolved* - *_Click Here_*

A blinking image in an email is "evolution"?

;)

Erik

Erik