Re: Anyone used pgHoster.com?

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone used pgHoster.com?
Date: 2003-07-17 02:56:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 16 Jul 2003 at 17:11, Lynna Landstreet wrote:

> I saw a company called pgHoster (www.pghoster.com) listed on the
> techdocs.postgresql.com site and their prices for shared hosting seem
> to be in line with what we could afford (i.e. dirt cheap). But I'm
> wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I don't just want to
> jump into hosting with an unknown provider, so if I could get some
> feedback regarding their quality and reliability, that would be great.

I used them for a client. Seems good enough for what you're getting.
>From time to time, we had touble getting psql to work. After using
dedicated servers for most of my work, it was quite odd to get into a
shared server arrangement.

One point of advice: Test often. Test frequently. Sometimes what
will work on a dedicated server, where you have full control, won't
work on a shared server. Things are often done differently when you
need to play well with others.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/