Re: 7.4 Press Release

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, greg(at)turnstep(dot)com, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 Press Release
Date: 2003-07-16 04:47:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert Treat wrote:
> uh, a little too technical for this release ;-)

Yeah, I knew that. I just wanted to give you the details so you would
understand what was behind my bullets.

> - Read only transactions, which bring a greater level of
> security to web and enterprise applications by protecting data
> from modification.

Hmmm, somehow I missed this change. How is it used?

> Other improvements include:
> - Performance improvements to data warehousing functionality.
Now that I read this again, it isn't clear what "data warehousing"
*functionality* we've added. What are some examples? Perhaps "data
warehousing related performance improvements"?

> - Enhanced implementation of functional indexes
> - Addition of polymorphic function arguments and return types
> - SQL99 complient INFORMATION SCHEMA
This one already has a main paragraph above, so it is redundant here.
Sorry if I missed that the first time.

Joe