Re: perfromance impact of vacuum

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: "Jay O'Connor" <joconnor(at)cybermesa(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: perfromance impact of vacuum
Date: 2003-07-14 20:31:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14 Jul 2003 at 14:13, Jay O'Connor wrote:

> What impact in performance does vacuum have on an active database? I'm
> being asked about this...or rather...someone is questioning the use of
> postgresql because of this

I run it daily at off-peak times and it doesn't seem to affect
performance at all. If you vacuum regularly, the impact is
minimized. It really depends upon how many updates/deletes your
database has done since the last time you ran vacumm.

But don't take my word for it. See what others have to say.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/