IIRC + intervals + and other things

To: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IIRC + intervals + and other things
Date: 2003-07-09 22:45:23
Lists: pgsql-general

hello,

I am getting more and more confused with statements like these

> update foo set timestamp_field = timestamp_field + '365
> days'::interval;

or

> I normaly use 'abstime' and 'reltime' for dates and intervals, the major difference is 'timestamp' has microsecond time accuracy, but abstime takes less storage space IIRC.

where do I find information on different "intervals" and things like that?

or even this:

time::TEXT::INTERVAL

and what is IIRC ? Intelligent Inter Relay Chat ? no, probably not.

well, please answer gently, since I just showed my non-knowledge.

TIA