Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: Abbas Izad <abbasizad(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 wxstd.po new translation file (don't
Date: 2003-07-07 00:36:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>On Sunday 06 July 2003 19:52, you wrote:
>

>>I recieve an error
>>"Cannot set locale to fa_IR". I have run the program with farsi with those
>>20 translated strings and it looked good. Could this be a file permission
>>error? I will keep trying!
>>

>This bug was fixed recently by Andreas. I am rebuilding the binaries. You will
>be able to download and install them in a couple of minutes.

Actually what I fixed was *not* that inability to set the locale to
fa_IR. pgAdmin3 assumed the setting of locale to be always successful,
and stored this in preferences. Now the returncode is checked, and if
setting locale was unsuccessful the previous value will be preserved.

I had a deeper look as my Linux system (vanilla SuSE 8.1) and found out
that the fa_IR locale actually is named fa_IR.utf8, but wxWindows isn't
aware of that. The attached patch will make wxWindows able to use Farsi.

Regards,
Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
intl.cpp.patch-1.96 text/plain 3.8 KB