select column from table

From: Abdul Wahab Dahalan <wahab(at)mimos(dot)my>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: select column from table
Date: 2003-06-30 08:29:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi everybody!

I just want to know is there a way in SQL command that can handle column
selection?.
The case is :
If I've a table with 10 columns and I want to select 8 of them without
rewrite the columns/fields name in the SQL query?
eg : Current SQL query is :- Select a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h from abctable; -
greps 8 columns
Can SQL do something like Select * from abctable without i,j ? -
greps all 8 columns?

Thanks.