Re: SELECT bug?

From: Jacek Kalinski <jacek_kal(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: Ace <a_s(at)poczta(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SELECT bug?
Date: 2003-06-27 09:12:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dnia 06/26/2003 11:12 PM, Ace napisał(a):
> Check the CREATE TABLE statement. Possibly you use VARCHAR type and your
> data has trailling spaces. Try to TRIM all the data in your database or
> remove trailling spaces using text editor.

I don't use VARCHAR, but TEXT type. I also checked, but there are no
leading or trailing spaces.
Maybe it will be easiest when I show the table:

CREATE SEQUENCE authors_seq
START 1
INCREMENT 1
MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
MINVALUE 1
CACHE 1;

CREATE TABLE authors (
id bigint DEFAULT nextval('authors_seq'::text) NOT NULL,
original text DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
usable text DEFAULT '' NOT NULL
) WITHOUT OIDS;

ALTER TABLE ONLY authors
ADD CONSTRAINT authors_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id);

Jack