Re: Problems with writing EUC-JP/Unicode to console or file

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with writing EUC-JP/Unicode to console or file
Date: 2003-06-23 21:55:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
> What encoding did you use to put the character into the database?

EUC-JP.

> There
> are some mapping problems still in postgres for some Japanese
> characters. It depends on which version of Java you are using and where
> the data is coming from etc.

I thought so. I had posted this same 'bug' quite a few months back but
nothing came of it.

I am using postgres 7.3.3 and the NetBeans 3.5 IDE. Java version I think
it is 1.4.1_03-b02

> I'm attaching an email I wrote to hackers
> about this before. Looks like the same problem. Anyway, nothing to do
> with the driver itself.

Thanks. I'll subscribe to hackers to see what happens with this.

I hope it's something easily fixed?

Thanks!

Jean-Christian Imbeault