Re: PG "Users" page?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG "Users" page?
Date: 2016-09-11 16:14:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> On 11 Sep 2016, at 16:55, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>
> Hi us,
>
> Just noticed that our Featured Users page has “Sun Microsystems” listed:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
> (Under “Technology” at the bottom)
>
> Should we update that to say “Oracle” :D … or maybe just nuke that entry?

That page is completely unmaintained. I proposed removing it a couple of years back, but was met with strong objections coupled with a complete lack of volunteers to actually do the work to keep it up to date.

I strongly feel it should be removed still - it is probably responsible for 25% of emails to webmaster@ from random companies requesting inclusion.