Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: elein(at)varlena(dot)com
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Erv Young <ervyoung(at)nc(dot)rr(dot)com>, "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)
Date: 2003-06-19 23:25:23
Lists: pgsql-general

elein wrote:

> Thanks, Scott.
>
> I believe that was Kevin Jacobs in a message to pgsql-general
> and I've sent him a message about being available for testing.

It sure is a shame the Python folks just decided to punt instead of
rolling up their sleeves and fixing the problem. Now a cascade of
dependencies will be broken because of this. I've embedded Python in
applications myself and used the rexec module for "alleged"
protection. Imagine if the Java applet folks, having encountered
security problems in the past, just said, "this is too hard" and
bailed. Not good...

:-(

Mike Mascari
mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com