Re: MD5 encryption, Was: Multilingual database

From: Reshat Sabiq <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MD5 encryption, Was: Multilingual database
Date: 2003-05-14 17:48:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

M. Bastin wrote:

> Say Dani,
>
> Do you know where I can find the specs of MD5, like it is implemented
> in pgsql?
> I've been doing google searches on MD5 a week ago or so, but didn't
> come up with any explanation on how to program MD5 encryption. I
> didn't even find *the* MD5, but all kinds of derivated encryption
> techiques--without explanations.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc

MD5 is a hash function, but can approximate encryption the way it was suggested. I'd suggest checking the RFCs for how tos.

Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.
Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.