Re: Autoconf code

From: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autoconf code
Date: 2003-05-13 20:40:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

It turns out the the real problem here is the "-static" flag to g++
(well, actually to ld). On my redhat system, at least, this causes a
list of undefined symbols that I can't even begin to track down.
Removing the flag causes the program to compile fine. I would just say
to any developer that if their system allows them to build with the
"-static" flag, then you can use it by changing:

LDFLAGS = @LDFLAGS@ -lpq

in Makefile.in to:

LDFLAGS = -static @LDFLAGS@ -lpq

Try it on your system and see what happens. Incidentally, the "correct"
way to compile in a new library is to use -l<lib>, not to list the full
library. So you should use -lcrypt instead of /usr/lib/libcrypt.a. Not
that it matters. At least it *shouldn't*. :)

ahp

P.S. -- Attached is the latest code.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin3_autoconf.zip application/zip 2.6 KB