Re: pga3: Nightly binary snapshots for Linux...

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pga3: Nightly binary snapshots for Linux...
Date: 2003-05-09 14:28:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>...are now being built on http://snake.pgadmin.org/
>
>Any comments or problems before I make this more widely known?

Yes, I have some comments:
- I wonder why that tar.gz has 3.6MB, while mine is just about 1.9MB. Is
the binary stripped? This will reduce the binary from 9.6 MB to 5.3 MB.
- I do not prove the linux version regularly to be as stable as the
windows version, so I released Linux versions only after a brief test.
If generated automatically, there's the chance of some inconsistency.
- How about the windows version? This is probably at least as
interesting as the Linux version to the outside world.

At the moment, I'm offering both versions on my website. I really don't
insist on keeping this place, obviously a *.pgadmin.org host looks much
better for this.

Regards,
Andreas