Re: about view

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: yuezh(at)ccermail(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about view
Date: 2003-05-08 14:55:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

yuezh(at)ccermail(dot)net wrote:

> Still can not update views in postgresql ?
> Is it difficult to implement updating view ?

Yes, we have yet not implemented the automatic creation of INSERT,
UPDATE and DELETE rules for simple views.

AFAIK the SQL standard defines those updatable views only for simple,
one table views without subselects and so forth ... should be easy
enough to define those rewrite rules by hand.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #