Re: changing column size and type.

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: Rudi Starcevic <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: changing column size and type.
Date: 2003-04-16 09:16:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Rudi,

I readet the doc, but it is about how to ann new column.
That is well documented in pgDoc's.

I will to change the column type of existing column.
For example if my columnt was declared as int4, I will to change it to
int8.
Or if it was varchar(20) I will to make it varchar(100) and so on.
Also I will it without to dump the db.

regards,
ivan.