Backpatch FK changes to 7.3 and 7.2?

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backpatch FK changes to 7.3 and 7.2?
Date: 2003-04-07 20:51:57
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

The changes I committed to address most of the FK deadlock problems
reported can easily be applied to the 7.3 and 7.2 source trees as well.

Except for a slight change in the text of the error message that gets
thrown "if one tries to delete a referenced PK for which a FK with ON
DELETE SET DEFAULT exists" (it's a rare case, believe me), this patch
would qualify for backpatching. The unnecessary FOR UPDATE lock of
referenced rows could be counted as a bug.

Opinions?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #