Re: explain

From: Popeanga Marian <pmarian(at)cnlo(dot)ro>
To: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
Cc: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: explain
Date: 2003-03-21 08:27:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks for your repply.

This is what i expected too. Can you point me from where i can
get this result ?

explain select * from pg_tables where tablename=:tab;

select * from ... ?

In Oracle i will do:
explain plan set statement_id=uniq_id_for_select for
select * from dba_tables where table_name=:tab

SELECT * FROM plan_table WHERE Statement_ID = this_uniq_id_for_select;

--
Popeanga Marian
DBA Oracle