Re: Special characters in SQL queries

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com
Subject: Re: Special characters in SQL queries
Date: 2003-03-12 08:14:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

> I don't program in C at all, but Java. Although I can make a way to
call the C library function
> from Java, it isn't suitable solution, I believe.
> I only desire to find out all the type of characters at the present
time so that I can strip out any
> potential problem sources in text. Who know what characters a user
will enter.

As Victor Yegorov mentioned
Take a look at the source code of PQescapeString() in the source
distribution of postgres. I hope, you'll find all the chars you're
interested in.
or refer to Binary Strings within the Data Types chapter of the doc.
This shows how to deal with "non-printables" and "printables".

Regards, Christoph