two dates

From: mixo <mixo(at)beth(dot)uniforum(dot)org(dot)za>
To: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: two dates
Date: 2003-02-25 06:55:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a table which has serveral time stamps include when an entry was
'created'.
Each entry is identified by a unique 'id'. How can I best find entries
created
between two dates without going through each day between the two dates?

Currently, going through each day to get the results takes about 23
minutes for 7 days
as I have two other criteria for search: roughly I am doing about
16*17*n queries,
where n=days between two dates (for 7 days, 16*17*7 = which a number
that is
too big for my liking).