Re: exception in decodeUTF8

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Mykola Dudar <dmykola(at)hpcerc(dot)unm(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: exception in decodeUTF8
Date: 2003-02-19 20:36:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Mykola,

If you use the latest build of the driver on the jdbc.postgresql.org
website you will get a better error message:

Invalid character data was found. This is most likely caused by stored
data containing characters that are invalid for the character set the
database was created in. The most common example of this is storing
8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.

thanks,
--Barry