Re: Anyone have a fresh Solaris 8 SPARC system to create

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone have a fresh Solaris 8 SPARC system to create
Date: 2003-01-15 08:56:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Have created a Solaris 8 Intel package for PostgreSQL 7.3.1, but don't
> have any SPARC boxes here any more.
>
> Does anyone have a SPARC box handy that would be available for
> compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on? It would need to be Solaris 8 (or
> maybe 9), and have things like gcc 2.95.x and similar tools installed,
> as well as be patched with the latest recommended Solaris patches.
>
> Might be a huge ask, but am figuring it to be worth at least trying.
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

I can get access to several boxes with Solaris 8 + gcc 2.95 ( maybe not
right-up-to-the minute latest patches, but fairly recently patched).

They are firewalled off from the internet with abolutely no chance of
external access, but I can build whatever is required ( Pg 7.3.1 is
already installed from source) and upload it to techdocs.postgresql.org
(or similar).

...I've never tried to create a Solaris package so I will need answers
to all the usual dumb questions - including what extra configure options
are required as I've been building with *none* :-)

regards

Mark