PPTP + Cisco - is it possible for RADIUS server to allocate IPs?

From: Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland(at)scn(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PPTP + Cisco - is it possible for RADIUS server to allocate IPs?
Date: 2003-01-10 11:30:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello all,

I have problem with Cisco - it do not accept (do not use) my
Framed-IP-Address attribute, but only use Cisco's internal
IP pools for allocating IPs for PPTP users. Is it possible
for Cisco to accept RADIUS's Framed-IP-Address attribute to
correct setting up IP address for incoming PPTP user?
I have watched attributes recieved from NAS (Cisco) in
accounting Stop packet, and had seen interesting seen:
. . .
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 = "10.0.0.1"
Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.0.1
. . .

The 10.10.0.1. address - is (externel) IP, which used in NAT,
and real client's IP content Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 attribute.
I think it is a problem - Cisco use not Framed-IP-Address
attribute as IP of end-user, but other. How to influence in
this situation? Is it possible to correct such Cisco behaviour?
Thanks a lot for any comments.

--
best regards,
Ruslan A Dautkhanov rusland(at)scn(dot)ru