Re: Really simple question..

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Really simple question..
Date: 2002-12-04 04:46:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:

Maybe I missed this somewhere.. but how do you drop a whole row

That one is easy:

delete from TABLE where col1=25;

or update a whole row with nulls easily?

Don't know that one. Would be interesting in knowing if there is a way.

The only way I can think of is to delete the row and then re-insert it,
but that depends on how the table is set up (i.e. does it allow NULL in
all fields?):

delete from TABLE where col1=25;
insert into TABLE(col1) values(25);

Just my 2 cents ...