Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jorg Janke <jjanke(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?
Date: 2002-12-01 21:42:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi guys,

Was just looking at the project page for Compiere, an Open Source
ERP+CRM solution that is usually in the top 10 most popular SourceForge
projects.

They were attempting to port Compiere from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but
have stopped (apparently) because PostgreSQL doesn't support "embedded
transations".

http://www.compiere.org/technology/independence.html

Does anyone know what they're talking about?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi