Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: David Crawshaw <david(at)zentus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT
Date: 2002-11-29 14:00:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 29 Nov 2002 at 23:51, David Crawshaw wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:42 pm, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > How about defining two views? One view that returns matchclass1 and
> > another selects on this view to eliminate duplicates.
>
> That would be a nice clean solution, but the functions are a search
> system. The integer being passed into the functions is a comparing id
> from another table, and then values are compared. As far as I know, a
> view is just a static definition.

Not too sure but how about inserting the variable to be passed in a single row
table and select on that table from view definition?

Agreed not as straight forward but it cleanly splits the job between modules..

Tell us if this works.. I just pulled it out of thin air..;-)

Bye
Shridhar

--
QOTD: "It wouldn't have been anything, even if it were gonna be a thing."