Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Dennis King <d_r_king(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't
Date: 2002-11-28 06:07:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dennis King wrote:
> Thanks Fernando. Please note that I did NOT install GCJ. It was
> either included with the 8.0 distribution or included with a Jakarta
> package.

It is available with the 8.0. Maybe it is automatically selected as
part of the type of installation you've chosen... or maybe it was there
but it was not disturbing you. The gij program only stated to be called
as the 'java' command with the 8.0 release.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com